Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Long Haul

An old friend of mine stopped in town for lunch while traveling back from Florida. He was a student in a ministry where I served 11 years ago. We had a lot of catching up to do.

When I asked him if he was still sharing his faith in Christ with others, he said, "I've shared Jesus with just about everyone I've worked with for the past 12 years. At some of my jobs, my nickname is Preacher, even though I'm not one."

Would I have ever guessed that students I had served over a decade ago would be sharing Christ across the country, Africa, Australia, Europe, Asia, and the Americas? Sure, I dreamed and prayed it would happen, but to experience it is something quite different. In a word, it is amazing.

All across the world today, people like you are pouring their lives into families and small handfuls of students, kids, classmates, or friends to make a difference for eternity. At this moment, you have no idea where you're efforts will lead.

In ten years, those you influence will likely be changing lives all around the world. What impact are you making in their lives now that will help them at that time?

Be the change you want to see in the world today.

No comments:

Dillon Burroughs's Fan Box

Dillon Burroughs on Facebook

Blog Archive