Monday, March 16, 2009

Road Trippin'

This morning I'm writing from Java Haute, a local coffeehouse in Terre Haute, Indiana. Over the weekend, I enjoyed a great book signing at Darlena's Holiday Gift Shoppe in Rockport, Indiana where I reconnected with several friends and relatives, including my high school friend William who found out I was coming to town because he stopped at my mom's shop with his girlfriend. Small world, big God.

Sunday, I experienced worship at First Baptist, Nort Terre Haute with my buddy Mark Tobey. He's a great preacher and clearly has a deep love for his people. For a small-town Indiana church, they're leaving a huge mark on the world. This year, two teams have already traveled to Haiti, where several people are in the process of adopting children from the orphanage they've helped build and fund in recent years. One friend, Nick, told me his coworker got involved and is now in the process of adopting a kid. You know you're making a difference when your coworkers are adopting children where you are going on mission trips. God is at work all over the world.

Today, my family and I head to Amish country in Central Indiana to spend time with my wife's grandmother who is 92. Tuesday, we head to Indianapolis to visit my brother in law Doug, my brother and his family on Wednesday, and then head to Dallas for the Christian Book Expo on Thursday evening where I'll reconnect with my friend Jarod from my days in Sherman, Texas. Again, God is at work all over the world.

If I haven't heard from you in a while, I'd love to hear how God is working in your life lately. Send me an email at dillon at dillon burroughs dot org to let me know.

I love all of you and appreciate your prayers and support.

No comments:

Dillon Burroughs's Fan Box

Dillon Burroughs on Facebook

Blog Archive