Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Uganda is situated in East Africa with a multi-ethnic population of around 33 million rich in culture, with fertile soils to support profitable agriculture; a largely pleasant climate; and a stable political society in most parts of the country.
However, this does not tell the whole story. Uganda is still one of the world’s poorest countries and poverty is widespread at household level. The latest World Bank data (2008) shows the following:
* Life expectancy - 53 years
* Gross National Income per capita - $420
* Infant Mortality per 1,000 live births - 85
* Adult Literacy - 74% of population
* Access to improved water source - 64% of population
Want to make a difference? I personally recommend reading more at Codewe.org (pronounced co-DAY-WAY) and donating to their cause. You'll find your dollar will go much farther there and help those trying to live on less than $2 a day.
Dillon Burroughs's Fan Box
Dillon Burroughs on Facebook