Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Latest Info on Haiti

I just sent this to a reporter asking for my information on Haiti and am sending the same out to all of you now. This is a huge tragedy. Please pray, give, and respond as you are able.

My friends at Mountain Top Ministries are in Gramothe in the mountains above Haiti and have a medical team from the US working with victims (they arrived for work before the earthquake). A few available photos from them are at http://www.mtmhaiti.com/read-our-blog.html.

Brad Johnson, director of Mission of Hope Haiti, just arrived in Port-au-Prince this morning and has a blog from today including pictures at http://disasterrelief.mohhaiti.org. They are mobilizing 1.5 million meals according to their US Office director I spoke with yesterday. Their medical facility is operating but overwhelmed.

I would love to get down there to help myself, but plans are still developing and may take some time.

My friend Megan's organization has updates at http://www.familyhm.org/index.html. Still no word. A picture of her is on my FB profile or here: http://www.familyhm.org/FamilyHealthMinistriesandMeganRohrmayer.html.

My Compassion sponsored child is still unaccounted for. His name is Wood and he is six years old. I had sent him a short letter the morning before the earthquake occurred.

Compassion International emailed me today the following (in part):

"The catastrophic earthquake that hit Haiti yesterday has resulted in unfathomable chaos and devastation for hundreds of thousands of children and families.

"Compassion sponsors and donors serve more than 65,000 children in Haiti. At least a third of them live in the areas that were hardest hit.

"We know that you sponsor Wood Nelly Tipha and that you must be very concerned. Be assured that we are working to locate your child and determine his specific situation as quickly as possible. We will share this personal update with you as soon as we have that information."

There is so much more, just see CNN.com's videos for instance, but these are some of my stories.

Pray. Act.

No comments:

Dillon Burroughs's Fan Box

Dillon Burroughs on Facebook

Blog Archive