Monday, November 3, 2008

What's Next?

Thank you to everyone who helped spread the word, buy a book, blog a review, or say a prayer for the impact of Generation Hex. While I still have a couple of upcoming speaking opportunities on the topic, I am for the most part done with the publicity that ran from July through Halloween.

The level of buzz was terrific. Marla and I shared over 70 media interviews, including interviews in the UK, Canada, and New Zealand. We also traveled several parts of the country, including Tennessee, Indiana, Texas, Georgia, and Florida.

Our book was at one point one of the most talked-about books on the Internet according to Technorati.com. In a strange twist, Generation Hex became one of Amazon.com's top-selling books on Wicca. The book was even featured on WitchVox.com and WiccanWeb.ca, two of the most-popular Wiccan websites in North America.

So, again, thank you for making the Generation Hex movement possible. It would not have happened without God or without you.

Now...what's next?
To begin, I'm piecing together the final portions of a manuscript I'm collaborating on for the organization where I work. Complete with documentary and two other authors, it has been daunting to say the least. Fortunately, this book is nearing completion for its next-summer release.

Plus, I'm trying to find a new vehicle (but it's not becuase of all the money I made on Generation Hex; a common misconception about what writers get paid). My 1997 minivan with 217,000 miles on it was hit last month and I'm in the process of finding a replacement. Give me a shout out if you can help in the minivan department.

But in terms of the future, I'm now in a season of much prayer. There are many directions I could go, but only one God wants me to pursue. I'm attempting to pursue His plan rather than my own.

In the meantime, I'm not sitting around and chanting and lighting candles, though (No offense to those who like chanting and playing with matches.). I've written up a few project ideas and am pursuing the appropriate channels. But books aren't contracted in a day (even if I could write one in a single day), so I may have little to blog about for a couple of weeks.

I'm already taking a Twitter and Myspace Sabbatical. Facebook is also becoming a once in a while communication form.

I'm not avoiding you.

I'm not disappearing.

I'm just praying.

Please join me in praying for God's next project to pursue.

Generation Hex came about from a ton of prayer and a mountain-sized spiritual hike; yet it has changed more hearts than perhaps anything I have written to date. God is good.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get a blog or text message from God or some other clear answer on what's next.

In the meantime, pray.

No comments:

Dillon Burroughs's Fan Box

Dillon Burroughs on Facebook

Blog Archive